Thursday 19 July 2018

12x12 Stamperatus Template.


Last year Stampin' Up! unveiled the Stamperatus.  This amazing stamp positioning tool has been really well received but, as is the nature of crafters, we have all been pushing forward to find out what else we can do with it.

Many people have started using templates to allow them to stamp in circles / wreaths around a piece if card stock.


Last week i made my own template following a tutorial by Ruth at Artful Stamping and while i was experimenting with it i started to think.

Had anyone come up with a template to allow us to do a wreath stamp technique directly onto 12x12 card stock for scrapbooking?

After a bit of searching and some questions in some demonstrator groups it seemed like the answer was NO, so i found some scrap paper and set to work!

I knew the basics of what i needed to do so i scaled up.  I taped some paper together and got out a sheet of 12x12 and followed the first step of the process and drew round it in the first 2 positions.


I then measured the diagonal length from the centre to the point and marked this through the crossover of the 2 squares to find the positions for the next 2.

 




This gave me the same number of turns as my small template but i felt that with such a large circle it might be useful to have more positions to utilise so i used the same method to put in 4 more squares, which i drew in a different colour.



After transferring this to acetate and trying it out i realised that when positioning the stamp it almost completely fell off the edge at certain points so i went back to the drawing board.
Through trial and error i settled on 9x9 and drew a second set of squares inside the first.

I then added this to my acetate template. you will notice that i have used alternating colours. this is so that i can easily see where i need to move the card too if I'm only using the larger spaced positions.


I also marked the same point on each layer just to ensure everything was in the same place!

Then it was time to get the stamps out!


 This is stamped using all the marked positions.


And this page just used the blue marked positions!

I will definitely be using this a lot. If you check out the video that i did you can see how it works!

I am putting together a document with detailed directions on how to create and use this template so if you want to know more drop me a line!

x





No comments:

Post a Comment