Thursday 16 August 2018

Favourite Things.

With the summer holidays here things have been rather hectic. I have loved spending more time with my girls but now I'm looking forward to getting back to work and resuming normal service in September!

So for this weeks blog I thought id gather together some of my favourite creations.


1.

I'll start with this one as its one of the first cards I made after becoming a demonstrator.   I used the Eastern Beauty stamp set and the Eastern Medallions Thinlits.   I used the 2017-2019 in colours on a very vanilla base.

 Although the basic idea behind the card is fairly simple I was very proud of this one as it was probably the most complicated card I had made at that point and it was an idea I had come up with myself rather than CASEing something.

2.

This card is much more recent and uses the Graceful Glass Suite.  I was lucky enough to bring home the designer Vellum after OnStage in April, so naturally I ordered the rest of the suite and got crafting. This was also the first time I had really used the Stampin' Blends and I was so happy with how this card came out!


3.  


My final card is another 1st for me.  A z fold card.  I'd seen lots of pictures of these but had never tried one myself so, armed with plenty of card I found a tutorial on YouTube and set to work making the card base.    

I decided to use the Animal Expedition suite because I wanted an excuse to play with the gorgeous DSP.  I rather like how it came out!



4.  On to something different,  3D items.  In the last year I've made one or 2 Boxes or other 3D items, mostly following tutorials or as make and takes at team events but for this I was flying blind!  The moment I saw the Designer Vellum in the graceful glass suite I knew I had to make a tealight lantern to showcase it.  I am so happy with the result as I had no instructions for this at all and had to work out the right dimensions to work with the paper!  


 

I love how this turned out, and it looks amazing in the dark with a (battery operated) tea light!


5.    This next one is also something I worked out on my own.  I had done boxes before but hadn't seen one like this.


I used the Natures poem DSP combined with the detailed with love stamp set.  



I'm sure that someone out there has been making boxes like this for years, but the reason it's here on my favourite's list is because I was able to work it out for myself.


6.   And finally, a scrapbook page.  Now that may not seem very exciting but I haven't done a lot of scrapbooking before, and those I have done have been in classes.  This came about because of an idea I had for the Stamperatus!  
 I had seen people making templates to allow them to stamp a wreath or perfect circle with the Stamperatus, and I even followed a tutorial to make my own.  After playing with this for a while I began to wonder if it was possible to do the same for 12x12 card?  

After a bit of research, I couldn't find any indication that it had been attempted so I challenged myself to make one!

So now I had a template I needed to use it, and this is what I came up with.


This page uses the Colourful Seasons, Animal Outing and Pick a Pennant stamp sets and the Animal friends and seasonal layers dies.  I love this for 2 reasons, 1 because its exactly what I had in my head when I first tackled the template and 2, because its my daughters first picture!

I hope you've enjoyed this look at some of my favourite creations over the past 18 months and if you are interested in any of the products I've used then please, get in touch or head over to my website at  lilacdaisycrafts.stampinup.net



No comments:

Post a Comment