Thursday 2 August 2018

Dragonfly Dreaming!

This weeks card uses the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set and the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits.

This was one of the sets I chose with my starter kit when I joined Stampin' Up! so it has a special place in my heart.  I cased this card from an idea I saw on Pintrest ( I have forgotten who's design inspired it, but thank you for the inspiration!)


I used Flirty Flamingo and Blushing Bride on a Whisper White base.

The measurements are,  

  • Thick Whisper White base,  cut at 21 x 14.8 cm. Scored at 10.5 cm.
  • Flirty Flamingo, cut at 10 x 14.3 cm.
  • Whisper White, cut at 10 x 14.3 cm and 9.5 x 13.8 cm.
  • Blushing Bride and Flirty Flamingo for die cutting.

I used the Stitched Shape thinlits to cut the circle, but a circle punch could be used for the same effect.


To do the spot effect across the centre of the card I used a stamp from the Perennial Birthday stamp set.  Dragonfly Dreams has a spotty stamp but I don't feel it works for this card.

I also added a stamped layer to the inside of the card.  To give it extra depth I drew around the edge with a Stampin Write marker.  This creates an illusion of en extra layer of colour without making the card too bulky.
This is a useful trick and I have used it before to great effect.



I also used Wink of Stella on the dragonfly.  This adds a lovely sparkle which, although it doesn't show up in these photos, I hope you can see it in the video.  Wink of Stella is a perfect accent for many designs, and who doesn't love a little sparkle!


I hope you like this card and if you'd like to know how to get the products I used then leave a comment below or head over to my website at www.lilacdaisycrafts.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment