Wednesday 8 August 2018

Colour Combo Blog Hop August 2018


Welcome to my project for the Colour Combo Blog Hop for August.  we've been challenged to use Pool Party,  Blackberry Bliss and Merry Merlot.

This is my first blog hop and it certainly proved challenging!  Blackberry Bliss is one of my absolute favourite colours so I was happy about that colour being included,  but I've not really used Pool Party or Merry Merlot much so they needed a little more thought.

This is what i came up with.

I used a Whisper White card base and stamped the happy birthday from Picture Perfect Birthday around the edge in Blackberry Bliss.  I stamped the streamers from Birthday Backgrounds in Pool Party


                    

I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits and the Starburst punch to cut out the top elements from Pool Party, Merry Merlot and Whisper White card and stamped the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss.
After putting the card together I felt the 2 starbursts needed something extra so I added some faceted gems in blackberry bliss which lifted the whole card.


Using this combination really pushed me to think about how I use colours.  I found combining the Blackberry Bliss and Pool Party easy but the Merry Merlot was a bit more tricky.  I definitely need to use this colour more.

I hope this has inspired you to use colours you wouldn't normally reach for!

Now follow the link below and see what Tricia Butts created with these colours!



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card design. I love the geometric shapes for your design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design of your project! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you stamped the 'happy birthday' all around the edges like that, very clever! Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The arrangement of squares and circles on this card is really well done!
    Kind regards!
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very well - special the circles!
    Best regards from Austria
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete